Theme: Special Topic
Scripture: Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1, 1 Kings 3:9-11, Romans 13:7
“Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.”Romans 13:1
How are you doing?
Over the past week, as some parts of the economy begin to re-open, the conversation has turned towards churches, and when they will be able to open. Each jurisdiction is different, and I sensed from God that we needed to take a slight detour and explore this topic as a group.
ABF is beginning its planning efforts for the re-launch of campus activities, and there are many different points of view on this topic.
I recognize many different points of view based on our ages and stages of life, as well as our current situations run the spectrum.
I don’t have all the answers, but I do believe that many of us are faced with these same discussions as it relates to our work, children’s education, church, and our home lives.
My prayer is that we will able to have a fruitful discussion on the topic. Therefore, the questions will be limited this week, and I will do my best to keep us to the allotted timeframe from 6 pm to 7:15 pm especially since it is a holiday weekend.
You can find a number of items in the resources section that I encourage you to look at prior to our discussion.
Note: some of the resources provided are controversial and just because it is in the resources section, in this case, does not mean that I agree with everything in it personally.
- Do you think our religious freedoms are being discriminated against?
- Do you think we should be worshipping together in-person at a church building?
- Do you have any fears about returning to church? What safety measures would dispel any fears you have about returning to church?
- Do you think the Church should be doing more or less during this pandemic time?
- Worship and Media Teams
- State of the Church – Jack Gibbs
- Calvary Community Westlake Update – Shawn Thornton
- Pentecostal Church (Sacramento County) linked to cases – LA Times (April 2, 2020)
- Religious Gatherings Directive – LA County
- Request to Open Religious Institutions in Phase 2 – D.O.J. – Civil Rights Division
- The Devil is Preaching to you about the Coronavirus – Wretched (YouTube)